Image Map

22 April 2010

one thing i dearly miss



 it may just be glee's madonna episode and their rendition of 'what it feels like for a girl' or that the last time i performed was 2 years ago at outpost for a company christmas party... BUT i miss singing so much. it used to be my outlet for feelings i can't express....for desperation on unrequited love...for the confusion i felt as a teen...sometimes for the anger... the rush of standing in front of people was inexplicable. 

both my mom and dad worked when i was young. so when school was out, my dad would bring me to his clinic and just leave me beside the stereo and he would find me there all day, singing. as a kid, i'd either be singing or drawing on my sketchpad or doing both. sometimes i'm not aware of it, but i'd turn up the volume on our old boom box and just play madonna, lisa loeb or jewel all day and just sing. and yes, i used to sing a lot of jennifer love hewitt songs too.

i miss just belting out in my room.
i miss practicing songs in our house and singing renditions of songs i loved.
i miss the feeling of freedom singing gives to me.
i miss just having fun singing with people.

now if only i can find someone to play the guitar for me.

(photo details: all tanned (too tan actually..LOL) singing at kahayag in 2006)


Follow vanilla ice cream

16 comments:

guildedsecret. said...

ah glee!!! i absolutely love that show... you look so happy and cheerful in these photos. you should upload a video of you singing!

xo.
princesspolitico.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

great looks you re so happy today

enjoy your day

Vintage Obsession said...

your hair looks gorgeous and the skirt is really pretty :)

The Vintage Obsession

Marta said...

i didn't know you like singing! photo is so cute!

Melai said...

Nice blog you have here ^__^. Looked through your previous styles. Like it! ^__^

Tuesdai Noelle said...

Hey Gizelle,

I miss singing too AND dancing...which I myself use to also do alot of :) As for GLEE, that eposide was RAD!!! Although, I didn't agree with Will giving Emma a card for thearpy, just because "she'd never been touched before" --my reason is long, I won't list it ha, but I didn't agree quite...I might be the only one. Overall, the eposide seemed RUSHED a tad, but the video was cool! Gotta LOVE GLEE!

Trains and Sewing Machines said...

oh I love Glee sooo much! I heard they're doing a Lady Gaga inspired episode, I can't wait!!!

Elaine said...

Hahahah Isn't karaoke big in PI??? ;) You can do it anytime!!

Enter to win a vintage button-down shirt!
clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Dylana Suarez said...

I love to sing, too!

Jen said...

Is that you in the photo? You look utterly joyous. I think being able to sing is an amazing talent. One I;m truly envious of!

Nubia Mejia said...

You should learn to play guitar!! Sing sing sing!! I want to hear make a video =)

michelle_ said...

your tan looks good on you girl !!
i actually love it :)
check my blog out at...
www.GlistersAndBlisters.blogspot.com

dont forget to enter my sex and the city film set tour giveaway !

Meream said...

Oh hey, did you used to have a band? I frequented Kahayad A LOT. I might have seen you there once or twice :)

Phuong said...

nice photo and lovely blog

Sher said...

Oh, I just watched a couple of glee episodes, what a coincidence! And dearie, you don't need someone to play the guitar for you to sing:P Just belt it out acapella haha!

I'm lucky I get to sing back up almost every week in church:)

Nathalie said...

Wow, this is such a great talent. I am sure singing is such a wonderful gift
*Nathalie

Post a Comment

thanks for dropping by!
scoops of your thoughts really make me smile...