Image Map

29 April 2010

my pinch of rock + ode to my shoes


i love dresses. i love vintage. i love lace and embroidered tops. i love the 40's mixed with the boho 60's. but i also love my share of rock -- just a pinch is all good for me. i love (and hate at the same time) that when people see me, they'd immediately assume that i go out, go clubbing and am super into dance hits but would be surprised and somehow confused at knowing my music choices. ever since i sang back-up for my cousin's indie rock band sheila and the insects (yes, my cousin is ian zafra), i have been hooked into new wave, punk, electronic and indie rock music. (a bit of influence came from having dated someone in a rock band too..LOL) i look for those quirky and captivating beats and the deep, sarcastic and even smart-ass lyrics. 

the smiths | the killers | kings of leon | temper trap | the national | broken social scene | band of horses | the ting tings | keane | coldplay | the cure | the honorary title | smashing pumpkins | death cab for cutie

these are just some of my favorite bands and they make sucky days bearable for me. 

now about my shoes...welp, i think it's dead. my first ever forever 21 shoes (which is a big deal for me as we don't have it here in PI) is dying. they say in fashion, we need a bit of sacrifice. it was sacrificed indeed. it didn't die in vain i assure you. it served it's purpose by being my friend's shoes in a recent photo shoot we did.  just us friends, having fun. even with my non-dslr camera. for the photos, you'd have to hold on to your seats. (or not..hehe)

(ps. and to my friend, if you do read this -- do not feel guilty. i'm gonna' miss those shoes but they are replaceable. friends are not.)

sheer knit top with shoulder studs - thrifted
skinny jeans - chillypapa
grey platform heels - forever 21
gun-metal layered necklace - props
dog-tag necklace - custom-made
bangles (bronze to gun-metal) - props
black spade enamel ring - props

Follow vanilla ice cream

20 comments:

Jen Hsieh said...

i love your shoes here and i'm sorry they died. at least they were much loved. :)

and i love your orange toenails! they're so bright! if i had brightly colored toenails i'd never stop staring at them haha. and ahh we have so many of the same favorite bands. :)

julianne. said...

i lo ve the pinch of rock,
you pull if off PERFECT!xx

michelle_ said...

those shoes are hot !
glisters and blisters

Anonymous said...

the top u wear is soooooooooooooooo adorable..
wanna wear that..
and the shoes are fabulous as well

xo

Unknown said...

cool shoulder detail on that top!
dooood loving 10 bands out of that list right there. you've got awesome taste in music!!

Jesa said...

Aw such a pretty girl! i love, love your shoes!!

Cheers, Jesa

aprilmae said...

doi hear a sigh of relief from someone?.. hikhik.. i took the shoes with me to mr.quickie bt apparently,they cud not anymore fix it.. *sniffles* luv u pay..you love us more than u love shoes.. *tight hug*

Denise said...

i like your lips hehe so pouty and kissable!:)

Jing Ocay said...

i love the black top.nice and see through effect!

Noelle Chantal said...

i love the detail on the shoulders. and i always love your bohemian + rock outfits. love the accessories you wore here too :)

and congrats on the Vogue feature!! :)

Audrey Allure said...

Gorgeous heels, love your outfit!

E said...

those are some killer heels!!

you look so cool!

heyfancypants.blogspot.com

Robyn said...

Your shoes are dead? That's horrible. They are replaceable, but still sad. This outfit is fantastic head to toe. Glad the shoes got to make one more appearance here.

Melai said...

Gizelle! I love your top. I love thrift shops! Who'd thought you got your top there right?

And yes, friends are our greatest finds :)

Anonymous said...

Loving the shoes! This outfit is uber cute! I adore your blog and try to never miss a post! x
Molly
http://herbe-verte.blogspot.com

Sher said...

I think you're totally rocking the rock look! Probably the best look on you and those shoes are seriously killing it!!

xx

Jen said...

Love today's look! You're totally rocking it!

The Killers are one of my favourite bands. I really recommend seeing them live - they're fantastic!

Unknown said...

I love your outfit!! and you look great in these pics..Im sorry you guys don't have a forever21 :/...but anways 'i love your blog so I am following :)

Carmen said...

Love the shoes, its a pity they died!

Carmen.xx.

Vera said...

wow, i'm loving that top. especially the studded shoulders! :)

Post a Comment

thanks for dropping by!
scoops of your thoughts really make me smile...