Image Map

19 June 2010

the game of tag


knitted button-up dress - thrifted | lace camisole - mango | brown leggings - random | brown gladiator flats - leaveland | green braided belt - thrifted | tan fringe bag - lil' sister's | stacks of bangles - hongkong finds | rings - props | brown sunnies - thrifted at carbon

i was tagged by lee of spunk and glam to answer a few questions.

1.  What do you do for a living?
I work for a call center as a Team Leader.
2.  What is your blog name and why?
My blog name is 'Vanilla Ice Cream' because when I started this blog as a personal blog back in 2007, I was at a time of my life where I was undecided, fearing too much about my future and mostly heartbroken. Vanilla ice cream always made me feel better. The feeling vanilla ice cream gives me is actually on my very first post of this new blog.
3.  Who is your favorite singer/band and why?
This is a really tough question...I have lots of  favorite singers and bands. I simply cannot make up my mind. I've always loved Jewel, Natalie Imbruglia when I was growing up. Then I found indie rock and pop punk rock and brit rock and I fell in love with music all over again. I love the killers, the cure, the strokes, the smiths, the honorary title, imogen heap, regina spektor, the national, john mayer, jack johnson and lots more. I love these kinds of music because they take me out of my daily routine and give that 'soundtrack' to what I am doing or experiencing. More about my love for rock here.
4.  What is your favorite restaurant and your favorite thing to eat there? 
I would have to say Krua Thai or Siam (I think they have the same owner..haha!) I love Thai food because I love peanuts or nuts in my food and they combine the sweet and spicy in one dish. Harry and I also love the Pad Thai in Lemon Grass.
5.  What is your favorite item of clothing?
Oh my, another question which I cannot give a specific answer. I have this black vintage shirt that I thrifted in college that has vintage cars all over the front. It's kinda' loose and very comfortable. It's my go-to shirt when I just want to be comfortable or just don't care about dressing up. I think I've paired it with shorts, skirts and jeans.
6.  Who is your favorite fashion icon?
drew barrymore | janis joplin | mary-kate olsen | nicole richie

7.  What is your personal fashion style?
i like to be comfortable (but maybe a little sacrifice on shoes). i wear lots of bohemian stuff --- whether i just wear accents or really boho tops or dresses. i love the idea of not caring too much very my clothes match. as much as i love earth colors like blues, tan, browns and nudes, i also have a share of wearing neons too. i have to say, i dress according to my mood.   
8.  Where do you usually go for ukay-ukay or bargain shopping?
there is this store right beside a hospital that has new stuff every end of the month. my mom, sisters and i make it a habit to go there every month. i hardly buy in malls --- only to buy shoes. and my shoe price limit is P2500.  

i want to post who i want to tag but i'll do that on monday. i'm in a hurry because i need to catch some zzzz's to wake up at 2:00 PM to prepare for my friend's wedding.

by the way, thanks to everyone who commented on my last post. i took a sick leave on thursday to allow myself to rest and i slept for 16 hours! whoa! i felt better when i woke up but still very much decided to leave this career. i hope i get called up for interviews soon!


Follow vanilla ice cream

21 comments:

Cherie said...

i enjoyed reading your answers and i love nicole richie too.

Vera said...

hello dear!
i just took the time to catch up on the last couple of posts that i missed from you :) i love reading your blog.

anyways, this was enjoyable to read + i love what you're wearing. you're the queen of amazing thrifted finds!!

Dorothy Souhuwat said...

cute neklace..

Nubia Mejia said...

I love the fringes from your bag.. we share a lot of the same idols

Audrey Allure said...

Great answers! And love vanilla ice cream too :) And love that eyeglass necklace you're wearing!

LOVE AESTHETICS said...

who doesnt sacrifice on comfort when it comes to shoes!? haha funny

Analisa said...

I love Mary-Kate and Nicole Richie too, and your outfit is so cute and boho-y!

Elaine said...

That was a fun questionnaire!

Love the fringe and the turquoise belt. It definitely adds personality!

Enter to win a Lime Ricki swimsuit!
clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Anonymous said...

good luck on your interview love...and hope to meet you again here Bangkok soon...

love your answers...take care again!!!!

much love,
Sweet
http://pensandlens.wordpress.com

ARANXA. said...

i really love that bag :) so bohemian!
i love it..
XO,ARANXA

00000 said...

Thanks girl! I enjoyed reading your answers. Meron din ako nung glasses na necklace hehe! I love it, dami nang hihingi pero di ako pumapayag :D

Lee [spunkandglam.blogspot.com]

Jing Ocay said...

smart answers.i enjoyed reading this post.i love all your accessories(as always,gizelle). your thrifted finds are always amazing too.miss you gurl!

Mode Junkie said...

love the fringe bag and the necklaces babe!

xoxo Mode Junkie

Carmen said...

Such a pretty dress. Your necklace is so cute too!

Carmen.xx.

Nathalie Kartika Putri said...

ahh i want to steal your super cool fringe bag!!
thanks for your comment
check out my latest post :)

natzcracker

Anonymous said...

i really enjoyed reading your answers, Gizelle.

i love your bag!

michelle_ said...

i love how you added the belt to the white outfit . "breaks" it up just nice !

wonderful interview answers giselle !! :)

Krislyn said...

aw, great interview. really cute. love what you came up with to name your blog!

Kara said...

i always thought the name of your blog was awesome to begin with but now that I know the story I love it that much more! Aw! :)
Great answers! I love being a snoop and learning more about the people I read about everyday :)
xo

julianne. said...

your outfit is so perfect.<333

Aisa.Paxie said...

Loved reading your answers! And we have some things in common like our love for Thai food and only visiting the mall to buy shoes. Great post babe!:)

Post a Comment

thanks for dropping by!
scoops of your thoughts really make me smile...