Image Map

16 February 2011

photo session: alter ego

just because i own a camera, doesn't necessarily mean i'm a photographer. i dream of owning a DSLR but i'm afraid i'd only waste it by not having enough talent and will to learn photography. when my friends insisted we'd have an impromptu shoot on our sleepover last weekend though, i couldn't resist. here's my second attempt at photography. the first one being this one here.

our shoot is aptly named, 'alter ego' because i styled my friends in clothes they don't wear, in a style that's not themselves. meet the cast:

april, the sweet and bubbly girl whose style staples are graphic tees, jeans and ballet flats or converse chucks. 
 

ivy, the outgoing but conservative nurse whose usual outfits are classic shorts, embellished tees and dresses


arlene, the funny and spirited government worker whose style is mainly composed of the basic leggings or jeans and feminine tops. 



mabelle, the loud and spunky sales rep whose usual style includes denim shorts or jeans and body-hugging dresses. 





photography and styling by me
make-up by mabelle



Follow vanilla ice cream

10 comments:

WANDER SHUGAH said...

you have pretty friends! :]
lovely photos ofcourse!

Anonymous said...

That last photo is so cute!!!! Everyone looks so happppyyyy!!!

Psyche said...

wow! it's good you have "game" friends. They all look glamorous. :)

Jen HaHA said...

I think you have mad photography skills, yo! That was my alter ego speak. But I meant it. I think. Because it's meant to be positive. Good job! There, that's me. Dude.

Come check out my 30! Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

king said...

You did a good job in the styling :)

LadyNansei said...

That photoshoot looks like so much fun, I can only dream of a time when my friends wouldn't run away screaming whenever a camera is pointing in their direction..

I also want an SLR camera just because the focus is awesome, but I bet that if I had one I'd never use it and if I were to it'll be about once a month to take a pic of my chickens or a new default for my facebook.

These outfits are all lovely. I definately adore the black and white, I can only dream of wearing something as awesome as that!!

Valentina A. said...

AMAZING LOOK!!! LOVE IT!
PLEASE check and follow if you want...every day new posts!!!

http://yourfashioncafe.blogspot.com/

Cylia said...

pretty girls:) + funny faces = fun times;) hehe.. and I know what you mean with putting on you ipod whenver you feel like there should be music with it:)

Hazel☺ said...

you'll never know what you're capable of until you try it ;) so never say never :D See, maganda naman yung end result! and lovely friends, by the way!

-hazel

Sweet said...

awesome job with the styling Gizelle...can't wait for you to come in Bangkok...lets do a mini photo shoot hahahaha...wala lang... :D its always fun to do it with an awesome blogger like you...

Kisses
Sweet
PensandLens

Post a Comment

thanks for dropping by!
scoops of your thoughts really make me smile...