Image Map

25 December 2011

different but it's Christmas all the same

star printed sweater dress - thrifted | blue tights - gifted | flap booties - shopyapi.com |
fedora hat - metro ayala | dog tag necklace - custom made | brown sunnies - downtown find |
oversized ring - downtown find | work watch - gifted by my dad
true, this year was a different Christmas than all the others i've spent. for one, i missed a whole lot of misa de gallo because of work. i shopped too late for gifts because i was waiting for additional funds -- like, 3 days before Christmas and i'm not done yet. it was the first time i decorated our tree on my own because my mom got sick with flu and it was already December 20 -- Christmas is not complete without an overly decorated tree in our house. we didn't have a big noche buena like we used to but my sisters (and i helped a little) cooked yummy seafood and hungarian pasta and we had our fill of my tita's home-made ham. lastly, we didn't open gifts after midnight because we didn't wrap our gifts this year. to sum it all up, my Christmas was a lot simpler than it used to but you know what? what mattered most is that i had 85% of my family complete --- with my little sister back from Australia but minus Harry who was in Bohol with his family. being in the company of people who will love you unconditionally is still the best Christmas one can have. i am, indeed, lucky. ♥

merry christmas everyone! ♥

Image Map

18 comments:

Carissa Clark said...

I love this post, SO true about Christmas!
As long as you have your loved ones arounds that's all that matters!
Hope you have a wonderful holiday!!

mestizay said...

I love your dress dear!
I'm so flattered that you like my style.:)
The feeling is mutual! Merry Christmas!

Maureen

Stevia said...

Your boots is super cool! And boy, you look so stylish for walking the dog! I mostly in my tee and shorts when I'm walking my dog :p

Hopefully your mom is all better now. Merry Christmas, dear! Enjoy your time with your loved ones :)

<3
The Sweetest Escape

Unknown said...

Thanks! Merry Xmas.. x

AleksandraNajda.com said...

the stars are great ♥

devishanty sartonsky said...

merry christmas and happy holiday :)

-devishanty-

WANDER SHUGAH said...

tis the season to be jolly! Merry Christmas to you gizelle! :)

Sincerely Mally said...

You look soooo cute! Love the cobalt tights


Happy Holidays!

Mally
xox

Gillian Uang said...

It's still Christmas! haha Happy Holidays! :)

http://bydetails.blogspot.com

Natasha said...

I love this post so much because it's so true. Our Christmas here in the UK was hectic too, and very last minute, but we had one of the funniest Christmases I've ever had, it was lovely. I'm glad you had a great day. xxx

titaz said...

cool outfit!
Merry X'mas :)

Hello from Indonesia,
Titaz
www.stylieandfoodie.blogspot.com

Tereza {Drastic Plastic} said...

I love the dress you have on, such a cute look.
And your doggy is the cutest.

Wida said...

You're so adorable! Can't believe that dress was thrifted!

Wida
Missing Amsie Blog

yiqin; said...

that dress is amazing <3

Ms. Falcon said...

belated merry christmas...

your dress with those little stars is far too cute.

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Aileen Kim said...

true. Nothing beats a holiday spent with the people most important to you!!! Cheers to best of the coming year G!!!

I DRESS-UP AND SLEEP said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

fashioneggpplant said...

merry merry xmas and happy new year gizelle! wish u all the best :) <3


JOIN MY HOLIDAY GIVEAWAY SERIES!

WIN The Little Things She Needs Gift Certificates
WIN Pur Minerals Essentials Collection Kit from Rustan's
WIN T. Le Clerc Banane Powder from Rustan's
WIN Forever21 goodies and a Satchel from Gifts Ahoy
WIN P3000 GC from Fia Manilla
www.fashioneggplant.com

Post a Comment

thanks for dropping by!
scoops of your thoughts really make me smile...